Full-time – The Hague/Amsterdam/remote – min. 5 years of experience in the startup ecosystem
- A natural networker that loves to get to know people, to understand what they do, and their intrinsic motivations;
- An expert promoter that facilitates the flow of ideas, information, resources, connections, and collaborations in entrepreneurial ecosystems;
- A lover of ‘all things startups’, founders, and open innovation who wants to make an impact at supporting beautiful cutting-edge startups worldwide to scale out of the unknown.
We are looking for an Open Innovation Ecosystem Lead to expand and strengthen our international ecosystem and help us to further grow it into 500 cities globally. Executed by building relationships with startup founders, accelerators, corporates, venture capitalists, universities, ecosystem networks, and governments all around the world.
Unknown Group is a global innovation agency with an investment arm that supports beautiful cutting-edge ventures with team, traction, and cash to scale them out of the unknown. Get in the Ring (which is part of Unknown Group) is a global startup competition present in more than 200 cities/110 countries worldwide.
- Grow our open innovation ecosystem with partners from 200 cities to 500 cities worldwide and act as a first point of contact;
- Enhance the engagement, interaction, and collaboration of all the key stakeholders of the ecosystem.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to exposure of the brand across the ecosystem
- Collaborate with the sales team to Bring in relevant startups for Challenges and competitions to create traction and market opportunities
- Collaborate with the Venture engine to add value to our startup portfolio.
- Further define the strategy for the Get in the Ring/Unknown Group’s open innovation ecosystem;
- Fully execute and Implement this strategy to achieve the goals;
- Expand the network in different key ecosystem organizations to aggregate information and explore potential opportunities;
- Identify, research, and approach new ecosystem member(s);
- Initiating, orchestrating, and facilitating ecosystem development activities;
- Build connections within and between ecosystems nationally and globally;
- Work closely together with colleagues from different departments (Events, Technology Scouting, Marketing, etc.) to enhance the engagement of the ecosystem with our projects;
- Work closely together with the leadership team of the company and advise on strategic decisions.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working within an entrepreneurial environment;
- Expertise in ecosystem building;
- an established, strong and relevant network in the international startup scene and the innovation ecosystem;
- A global mindset, comfortable working with colleagues of diverse nationalities, business cultures, and backgrounds, based all across the world;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, results-oriented attitude, with an ability to work effectively in a non-hierarchical environment;
- Ability to develop new concepts and execute them with a team;
- An energetic and charismatic personality and passion for startups/scaleups and open innovation;
AND WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH:
An open and informal office culture, with plenty of champagne and cake celebrations, drinks, and social activities. Responsibility from day 1 and the possibility to develop and grow your skills and personal ambitions on the job.
When COVID-19 is not an issue anymore, you will probably work mostly from our office in The Hague with the team, if not at one of our clients’ offices. However, when you prefer working at home that’s fine as well.
We are more than a team. Join our family. Conquer the world