Director Public Sector
- Passionate about open innovation to make a lasting impact, while working with startups and organizations in the public domain all around the world?
- Experienced in the way or working at governmental organizations and/or Startup in Residence programs?
- A person for which the allocations of public funds, subsidies, and grants don’t have any secrets?
- Confident in further developing our proposition for governmental organizations and taking a leading role in an entrepreneurial and dynamic team?
- Looking for a new challenge?
Unknown Group is looking for a Public Sector director. A person that has relevant experience within the open innovation domain, specifically in public organizations, and could build further on our strategy here. In this position, you will be a key person in guiding our clients in the design and execution of collaborations with external partners and become an integral part of Unknown Group’s leadership team.
- Be a sparring partner for innovation leaders within the public domain around the world to identify needs and opportunities;
- Create unique propositions for governments and governmental institutions to scale, connect and innovate;
- Be responsible for the account management and relationship building with leading public organizations and build a valuable global network;
- Be involved in possibilities for Unknown Group around Horizon Europe (2021-2027) – the ambitious EU research and innovation framework program which aims to boost Europe’s innovation capacity;
- Work together with colleagues from different departments (events, technology scouting, marketing, etc.) and guide them towards successful end results in client projects;
- Bring your expertise to the table and optimize our services and delivery towards our corporate client;
- Work together with the leadership team within the company and advise on tactical and strategic level decisions;
- Create strategic partnerships to grow the network towards 500 cities worldwide.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Passion and enthusiasm for innovation and startups – be a true explorer into the unknown;
- Past experience within the public sector and fundraising in the public domain (10+ years);
- Commercial mindset and a go-getter attitude, always putting the client first;
- Ability to guide conversations and/or sessions towards a conclusion;
- Someone that develops new concepts and bring these from 0 to 100, including building and developing a team to realize this;
- A proactive approach to work – be a team player and take initiative to improve yourself, our processes, and the people around you;
- A global mindset, comfortable in working with colleagues of diverse nationalities and backgrounds, based across the world;
- Strong communication (in English) and strategic thinking skills.
AND WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH
An open and informal office culture, with plenty of champagne and cake celebrations, drinks, and social activities.
Responsibility from day one and the possibility to develop your personal ambitions on the job.
When COVID-19 is not an issue anymore, you will work in our office in The Hague with the team, but also with the option to work (partly) remote.
We are more than a team. Join our family. Conquer the world.